Things in general
- The moon goes round the earth.
- It doesn’t rain very much in summer.
- Many social workers work directly with clients.
- Psychologists investigate behavior in many ways.
- Correlation does not demonstrate causation.
Things that happen repeatedly
- I usually go away at weekends.
- Google crawls Facebook frequently.
- Whenever possible, psychologists settle differences by direct investigation.
To say how often we do things
- My son visits my house once a week.
- Iran holds presidental elections every four years.
(like, love, … , know, realise, remember, …, contain, depend, …)
- I don’t like this lecture.
- I believe this kind of psychotherapy is not effective.
- I prefer a much more active environment
- I remember our first Forest Festival.
Present simple is timeless
Do not forget the -s / -es if using the third person.
- He works …
- The figure shows that …
- The earth goes round the sun.
- Rice does not grow in cold climates
- I don’t drink coffee very often